Flo in L.A

Flo in L.A

Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Flowing Asia: Malaysia - Penang (again)


 
Last few days in Penang! Since I crammed all the major sites in 2 days, I had more time to chill and walk around!



I went to the Old Western Cemetery, to pay respect to my colonizing ancestors (most of them are English). There rests Captain Francis Light, the founder of Penang, his tomb isn’t even the biggest one, where’s all the respect gone?



The Blue House of some big dog Chinese entrepreneur!!!
C'est une maison bleue, Adossée à la colline



The most interesting part was going to the Clan Jetties, home to fisherman and dockman families. The houses are all built on stilts and on each walkway live one clan or family:
No barriers = no messing about:
 
Rudimental toilets, do not fish there, you don’t know what you will catch!



Most importantly, I went (and judged) a jam called Break Mission. I loved seeing the local bboys and sharing the floor with them. I forgot to take picture so I stole this one from Aaron “Beefy”:



In other news:
-You know the Brits were here when you see a postbox like that:
-Pretty good wall in a Chinese temple (notice the slavitkas at the bottom):
-Carbon footprint doesn’t matter for some!
-The bridge that links the island to mainland, pride of Penang:
-Food is so good and so diverse they have a leaflet about the main dishes of Penang:
Everything is good on there, trust me!!!


I think I need to weight myself, I swear I’ve put on 3 Kgs since I got here!

No comments:

Post a Comment