Flo in L.A

Flo in L.A

Google Website Translator Gadget

Sunday 26 August 2012

Spanish Voyage: Sevilla Parte 3




Let’s start with the obvious: Sevilla is THE BOMB!!!
I swear it’s one of the most beautiful city I’ve seen in my life, amazing! On a side note, maybe going there in August is not the best idea…



The day started in Valdelagrana in El Puerto de Santa Maria:
Because we felt like the kings of the world, we took a train to Sevilla and not a coach. Big spenders!!!



In Sevilla, we checked into our hotel and went straight into town.
First stop was the Metropol Parasol: some massive and weird art building, made entirely of wood:
Then we had lunch in La Taberna Sevillana, can you be more Spanish than that? Pork free diet means very limited choice:



We then started the walking tour of Sevilla.
It was exactly 15.51:
I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty warm:

Get ready for dehydration...



The city of Sevilla is full of graff, this is the best one there was, legal wall but you can’t have it all:
The Guadalquivir River:
The Torre del Oro (Gold Tower):
The Plaza de Espana, built like 100 years ago, don’t be fooled by appearances! One for the geeks: the place is famous for featuring in Star Wars Episode II:
Attention to detail right here:
Classic Southern Spanish style:

La Giralda, part of Catedral de Santa María de la Sede, used to be a Muslim minaret, converted into a bell tower:



After all that, we went training. It’s good there, open all day, nice floor, cooler than outside! I was so tired from the heat I only did 30 minutes and then I fell asleep!
On a positive note, we hooked up with Jelo and Fini, oldschool bboy and hiphop head with the stories and the history. Here we all are with Coffee Mambo, best guys:



We had to make the most of the cooler temperatures and had another (tired) stroll around town. The Cathedral by night:
One of the nice buildings in town:



Sevilla “no me ha dejado”.Great place for real! I’ll have to go back for a jam or something. I've never been that hot in my whole life but it was worth it!
Thank you Andalusia, next stop is Madrid!


No comments:

Post a Comment