Flo in L.A

Flo in L.A

Google Website Translator Gadget

Thursday 13 September 2012

Sunny September: London part 3



They say truth hurts. Well this one is going to be painful! I don't want to blog about London. I used to hate London (now I quite like it). But I'm there so much and I'm sure most of my 5 regular readers know it quite well too. I don't feel motivated at all!



To add some excitement, let's talk about London's surroundings. One place in particular: Windsor! So when I was on tour with the Olympic Torch Relay, we could either go to the Castle or to Legoland, being sophisticated and cultured people, we decided for the later! I redeemed myself by actually paying to learn some history and culture. Unfortunately, this time the Queen wasn't at the Windsor Castle (you know because they had the Union Jack on top of the Tower, when she's there, they have the Royal Standard flag).
-This is the outside, so far so good:
-The main tower with the Union Jack proudly floating above:
-Statue and apartments:
-Gardens of the Queen Eden II:
-St George Chapel, featuring the cheeky Unicorn:




In other news, we also checked the Paralympic Marathon. I can proudly say that I saw both the London 2012 marathons (what a weak claim to fame!). The guys were struggling going uphill but it gave me more time to take pictures haha:



-Last but not least: the fireworks from the Thames Festival. This summer has been particularly good for fireworks...

Romantic as always!


That's it for London. Next stop, a very exotic place: Paris. I used to speak French ok, I hope it comes back!


No comments:

Post a Comment