Flo in L.A

Flo in L.A

Google Website Translator Gadget

Sunday 7 October 2012

Flowing Asia: Bangkok again!



It's a big one!


Yo I'm still in Bangkok. It's still hot, my Thai has improved drastically, I can now say 3 things: hello, thank you and goodbye. It' a struggle really...



I'm still on the cultural/historical hunt.
I visited the house of Jim Thompson, who revitalised the silk industry in Thailand. They turned his house and his art collections into a museum, here's the garden, I should have taken more pictures!

Big fish in a small pond, literately:




I also visited to more temples:







This is the view you get from the Golden Mountain, it's good, it's free.
360° of Bangkok action:
SOUTH

WEST

NORTH

EAST

They had some kids drawing the city, some amazing talent:

Close up:




Even more temples:
-This one is Wat Arun, loads of mosaic details and the steepest stairs ever:
 




-And there's the Wat Traimit, with a 5 tone Golden Buddha, the world's largest solid gold statue, stuff must be expensive!




I forgot to mention, they LOVE the Royal Family here, on every street corners they have portraits and tributes to them. Elizabeth must be so jealous!



Also when they play the National Anthem here, everyone has to stand up and get their singing on. I witnessed that today, pure respect!




In other news:
-Kao San Road, tourist central:
-Downtown, traffic central:

-I had lunch at Tesco's, I'm selling out:

-Mega black smoke from the boat:
 
-Who's this fool?

-China Town:
 
-That's how you drink your beer, out of a plastic bag!!!
  



-Finally and at last, I went training with the young lads in Phra Sumeru Fort. These guys are mad funny and really skilled. I was very impressed and feel very motivated right now!





And that's it for Bangkok, I'm off to the North now for a little bit.  Let's keep it going...


No comments:

Post a Comment