Flo in L.A

Flo in L.A

Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Flowing Asia: Thailand - Ayutthaya



A few days ago, I left Bangkok for Ayutthuya. They said in all the guides, make sure you spend a few days there, it's an unmissable cultural experience in Thailand. So I booked 4 nights to spend 2 full days there just to make sure I wouldn't miss anything. I'm telling you now, one day would have been enough!!! The city is small and a lot quieter than the capital, I struggled to get used to it at first.



To get to Ayutthuya, I had a few choices: bus, boat or train. You know me, I chose the cheapest! My train was like not even 40 cents for 1.5 hour of traveling. It was 3rd class (hard seat and no air conditioning) but still a pretty tasty bargain.
Oldschool train ticket:

This is the train:

These are the hard seats (I still managed to have a nap):

Nice scenery sometimes:





When you're in Ayutthuya, the trick is not to take any tuktuk or taxi and to do everything by bike. Renting a bicycle is mega cheap, it makes you burn those noodles and you can catch some rays at the same time!
This is what I cruised on for the 3 days:
Style!



In Ayutthuya, guess what you have to see... TEMPLES haha. Here we go:
-Wat Chaiwatthanaram, flooded, can't get in, fail:
-Wat Phra Si, this picture sums up the whole thing:
-Wat Maha That, a lot of tourists to see the Buddha head stuck in the roots of the trees, that was good:


I actually want to more temples but I don't want to bore you as I think there will be more coming!



I also went to the floating market, it was cool (literally).
They had a free show there, the music was very loud (how old do I sound) but it was fun:


I even made a new friend...



I have made new discoveries too:
-They love to pimp up their buses here (this one is for my Dad, Uncle and Gege):


-Maybe the best lamppost ever:
 
-Official Vans retailer:

 -Elephants scare me, they're too big and unpredictable:

-UK stand up:




That's it for Ayutthaya, I hope you enjoyed, the journey continues!




No comments:

Post a Comment