Flo in L.A

Flo in L.A

Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Flowing Asia: Thailand - Bangkok and Phuket (again)



We heard there was a breaking jam in Bangkok! Being such dedicated dancers, we decided to go for it. It wasn't a short trip either, I accumulated a grand total of 30 hours in the bus to get there and back, but as they say in Oxford: "it was well bloody worth it!"



 Fortunately for us, we didn't only go for 1 day. We had time to check out a Muay Thai night in the Lumpinee Stadium! I recommend everyone to go there. The atmosphere is great: people screaming, shouting and betting, it's funny! The only bad thing is that Thai people pay 250 Bahts when foreigners pay 4 times as much (25 euros for 3rd class, at the back). I understand we have a higher standard of living but a 4/1 ratio is a bit much... Anyway, here's the stadium: ghetto as hell, that's what we like:

Pretty busy!

Get your betting on mate:

Front of the stadium!

 
On the same night we found some little bboys (SA Crew) doing street shows... We got down with them a little:




The day after, it was competition time! We battled with the Phrasumen lads we trained with in Bangkok, so much talent! The event was proper hiphop: in the street, some floor, some music and there you go! The atmosphere was amazing, so positive! I had so much fun, everyone was getting hyped and rowdy.
Good turn out:
 
From spectator viewpoint:

We lost in the final, shame! This is some of the crew:

I'll post a picture of the winners because I'm not a sore loser! 99 Flava:
 
 (but because I'm a little bit of a sore loser, I'll keep the picture small)

Some facts about the battle:
-Thai bboys are relly good, I was very surprised by the standard of the jam.
-I felt so old, most bboys here are under 20!
-No bgirls entered the battle.
-I didn't see a single routine (it was crew vs crew).

The after party was pretty interesting, loads of underaged boys fighting for one of the rare girls in the club:

Some kids couldn't handle it:





Now I'm back in Phuket. I've made new discoveries:
-I like the architecture here, chino-Portuguese according my guide:
 

 -They play kung fu movies for free on a big screen in town, weird:

-Proper Thai street!




And I'm afraid that's it for Thailand. Today was my last day, I've been here for almost a month, time flies! Let us sum up the Thai voyage:
-Buddhist temples  ☑
-Thai massage ☑
-Muay Thai ☑
-Tuk tuk ☑
-Chicken and rice ☑
-Nice beach  ☑
-Ladyboy ☐


And the adventure continues...



 ps:
 -My name in Thai:
 
 -Mango shake, what!!!
 
Mango =  best fruit ever, fact!


No comments:

Post a Comment