Flo in L.A

Flo in L.A

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 11 June 2012

#OTR Day 23: the Shetland Islands


What a day!



Started the day with a cheeky breakfast at the hotel. Sometimes, traveling is all about following the local customs, isn't it? So I had some cereals and some kippers too. It was tasty but that was my salt intake done for the next 3 days.
Can I have some fish with my salt?



The plan for the day was to convoy around the south of the Islands. This is the celebration site where the relay started, and finished:
Cool background, bro!


This place is just like a massive village and the games here are just classic.
An afternoon on the pull:



We've ran 4 miles today, I haven't stretched, my legs ache. Some of the hills were quite challenging but we managed to finish the day without losing anybody. At least, we got ourselves pretty warmed up (have I mentioned it's really cold this far up north? Have I also mentioned that the average temperature in July here is 14 degrees? Go get your tan on... Somewhere else!). I felt pretty sorry for the media van, they must have been freezing!
Cool convertible Bro!


It's nice to see the torchbearers getting support from their family and Dan!


This one seems lonely but he was welcomed by the Vikings down the road. Notice that it got sunny for about 30 minutes, it was great!



At the end of the day, we rushed back to the airport. At the airport,I uploaded yesterday's entry on the greasiest laptop ever known to man (it was free but still, it was as if the laptop had been left in a fish & chips shop for 6 months). And we arrived at the final destination: Inverness. 
Welcome back to mainland:



I forgot to get a picture with the Vikings... Gutted!


No comments:

Post a Comment