Flo in L.A

Flo in L.A

Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday 20 June 2012

#OTR Day 32: Hull to York



OMG Babes, what fab day!!!




Let's get straight into business, because today there's a lot to talk about!


Our first show was in Goole ("ferme ta goole", French joke!). All I'm going to say is that the employees  came prepared! It's not about wasting 3 hours blowing balloons, they are straight up on this 2012 business, they have the electric pump doing all the work!!!
You can't understand if you've never had to blow 300 balloons:



Moving on swiftly. Our 2nd show was in Wetherby, a city I know quite well since I've taught there many times and it is where my French consul is based (cheeky French passport to travel the world). Wetherby is a really nice town. You know it's nice because there's no pigeons there, just cute little birds! Here it is:
The Shambles:

Paddy at the Town Hall:

This LS post code tells me we're really close to Leeds, that hurts on many levels like getting an indian burn on an elevator:




We moved on to Knaresborough. If you want to be cool like the rest of us Yorkshire people, you'll have to say "Naaasbrrrough". That city is incredible! When you take the train through town you have the best view of the old castle and the river. Well this time I was on the other side!


Me at the castle (thanks to the gentleman that took this photo and said he was good at taking pictures, what a liar!)


Knaresborough was pumping too, everyone was having fun in the streets. I think everyone took a day off to see the Olympic Flame! Load of school kids, a parade, dancers and bands...
These guys don't give a folk!

Smurftastic!



For anyone that wonders if we ever do work. Well let me tell you, I'm exhausted and there's another 37 days to go. I hope I don't get injured or too ran down... The people give us some incredible energy though!
Hey you guys!




Last but not least, it was Delia's birthday tonight! Props  for organising a dang good party! I love it how girls look after each other, true love mate!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment