Flo in L.A

Flo in L.A

Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday 5 June 2012

#OTR: pause for thought and explanations...


So the flame is in Ireland, and the majority of the group got sent home for few days “to take some time off from being unstoppable, just to regroup and relax” (Eastbound & Down: Season 1- Episode 2).


So basically I’m in Leeds, doing pretty much nothing and loving it!!! It feels very weird to go from mega busy to mega quiet but I will go training and be proactive, from tomorrow I promise!


Anyway, the reasons I write this are:
  1. I miss the blog already
  2. My fans miss the blogs already (the 4 people that read it anyway)
  3. A lot of people still ask me what I do, even after reading the blog (my 4 readers aren’t too clever I guess)


So let me explain a few things. It’s gonna be simples:

-We are performers for the Olympic Torch Relay (aka OTR). 8000 miles = 70 days traveling all over UK from Land’s End to Scotland to London.
-I work for Lloyds Bank, one of the 3 presenting partners of the relay.
-I am part of the “advance activation team”, our job is to do street performances in communities 20 minutes before the flame travels through. We excite and warm up the crowd so their experience can be even better.
-The 2 other performance teams from Lloyds are the “convoy team” (people running and performing pretty much in front of the torchbearers) and the “stage show team” (people presenting a show in the arrival city at the end of the day).
-No, we don't carry the torch!

Wow, that was boring but now you know! So don’t ask anymore!!!



Now let me introduce to the team. We, the advance performers work in pair:

-Paddy & Delia
Paddy is Irish, he’s tall, he has a very deep voice and a beautiful moustache indeed!
I love this picture, I don't think it was staged:

Delia is Italian, she’s smaller than Paddy, she’s flexible and she has the best energy ever.
Carnaval in the rain, party party:


Brad

Welcome to the Irish fashion show:


Brad is from Perth Australia, he can sing and now he can do stilts, he’s the hypest performer ever, he’ll turn your shitty Monday morning into a Christmas party.
Here he is with his twin brother Phill-I-Am:

Stumpy & Elliot
Stumpy is from Aylesham (true story) and he might be one of the best performers I’ve ever met in my life, he has a big beard and his name isn’t really Stumpy.
A tribute to John Travolta and Lance Amrstrong:

Elliot is from Nottingham, he can dance, stilts, juggles, diabolo and pretty much everything else. He’s not scared to wear his own clothes during the tour.
Here he is pausing for the ladies, work it boy!



Flo & Dan
Flo is a douchebag.
No pictures for douchebags

Dan is from Brighton, he’s the official new king of the scooter, he likes motorbikes and his positivity always reminds me why I do this job.
Jump jump jump to it
 


Rozanne & Christy
They are our direct supervisers. They're really cool girls and they treat us well. Let's just say that Rozanne is going a true Bgirl in August, I'm coaching her so watch out people!


That's it. I might introduce some other people later on, we will see.

If you have any more questions, bad luck because that is it!



Ps: I was joking about my not so clever 4 readers. I love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment