Flo in L.A

Flo in L.A

Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday 26 June 2012

#OTR Day 38: Leeds to Sheffield (day off)





Yes, day off! At last. The last one was 7 days ago. it feels good to get up after 7am.



I'm in Leeds today. Let me explain a few things to you. I love Leeds, it's my favorite place in the UK, easily! I have a lot of personal history there and I do feel it's my hometown. I feel happy there.
Now, when people ask me where I'm from, I always answer Leeds. And it's true, best chat up line ever.
I've lived there for 8 years and still can't do the Yorkshire accent at all. I'm not good at languages, I've just learnt through forcing myself really!
This is a picture I took this morning, the center of the epicenter:
Classic.


We're so Leeds we rock up at community events.
In Chapeltown on Mondays, it's a cheap lunch at the Church. We have loads of imagination so we called it Church Lunch!!! £2.50 for a 2 course meal, cheap date!

 Me and Jamie had our business head on...



Right now, I'm in Sheffield and in the hotel we're staying at, they have displayed Olympic Torches from different Olympic Games (all owned by one single person, the things you do when you have too much money...). They're in chronological order (that means from the oldest to the newest for my uneducated readers). The 1st one in from Berlin and the last one from Seoul (can't be bothered to write the rest!):








Wow, that was interesting...


We finished the day by going bowling with the gang. Geek themed! But as Stan would say, some people are born with the geek genes, some aren't! You will be happy to know that I won the 1st game! I didn't play too well on the second one, you have to give the kids a chance. Nerd attack!

No comments:

Post a Comment