Flo in L.A

Flo in L.A

Google Website Translator Gadget

Sunday 24 June 2012

#OTR Day 36: Blackpool to Manchester





OK, we're officially in the North! I had never noticed but it's full of brick houses, chimneys and old factories. I've lived up here for 8 years and I had never realised!



This is a perfect example: Accrington, a flock of torchbearers, some police, the crowd and the northern architecture!




They say that there's no such as a free meal. Well let me tell you that THERE IS!!! When you stay at good hotels and they have the best breakfast ever, you just help yourself and make yourself a snack! Mr Hilton, I don't agree with your daughter's behavior but thanks for the free lunch.




Our next show was in Heywood right next to Rochdale, I'm not going to lie, I had some prejudice about the place. I just saw a group a chubby bald white men and they looked straight out of BNP. These guys scare me. As the kids say nowadays, I wasn't feeling it! In the end, we had so much fun! The crowd was so receptive and really energetic, it was great!!! So Heywood, I take it back, thanks for the love. This where we performed, it got packed later on!


I must add that I signed an autograph on some lady's forehead in Heywood. That's right! AUTOGRAPH. FOREHEAD. BEST THING EVER!


We finished the day in Manchester where Chris Hoy was a torchbearer. he's so famous I knew him, he's so famous he's been knighted, he's so famous his face is on coins! No lie!

So we're in Manchester and I'm chilling in the penthouse of the Crowne Plaza (well it's more like 3rd floor of Holiday Inn but one can only dream). Here's the view:





Yes, we're in Leeds tomorrow. Home sweet home!






Bonus picture:
"If you ain't first, you're last!"








No comments:

Post a Comment