Flo in L.A

Flo in L.A

Google Website Translator Gadget

Sunday 17 June 2012

#OTR Day 29: Newcastle to Durham (day off)



Hello,


I think I'm very lucky, and I've always been. I get into some right trouble sometimes but I always get through and everything is fine...
Yes, we are being serious right now!
This job is hard, physically, mentally, emotionally. Everyone here struggles at some point: we all get days with and days without. This blog really helps me to focus on the positive side and to release the pressure. Sometimes there are days where not much happens or when we face bad situations. But we're lucky to have a (great) job, food on the table and a roof over our head. So if you want to hear the other side, it will be a pleasure for me to moan for 5 minutes (that is something I do very well, years of experience...).


Anyway, I was on a day off today and it was amazing!!!


Went training with Stefan and the homies in Newcastle at Dance City. It's funny because I haven't practiced much for the last 6 weeks, but today I was flying. Maybe I was too happy to be back so I felt no pain, or is it that I over train when I'm at home? I'll have to think about it when I finish this tour!
Here we are, back at it again:



After that, we tried to go grab some food. What I learnt is that my friends are not the best at finding a simple sandwich shop where you can sit down... We tried the posh Greggs aka "Greggs Moment" but all they had was pork in bread so we opted out! What a let down! Greggs Moment sounds like my new favorite 1st date restaurant: ladies, join the line!
Ain't no moment like a Greggs Moment!



I then made my way into Durham, I had time, I stopped at the Angel of the North. It was raining horizontally so I came out of the car, took a picture and went back in! (to be fair, there's not much else to do there)
The wings were too long to get in the picture:






Also, some people are fighting to get into this blog. All I'm going to say is:
"A man fights, fights, and fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for pussies!"
(Kenny Powers - I'm f---ing in you're f---ing out audiobook - 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment