Flo in L.A

Flo in L.A

Google Website Translator Gadget

Saturday 7 July 2012

#OTR Day 49: Ipswich to Chelsmford





Hola, today, we headed down to Essex so expect some juicy gossip!




We started in Maldon. As you can see it was pretty wet. But that didn't matter. The crowd there was amazing! Imagine Friday morning before work or school, everybody laughing in the rain... The flame does bring people together:
 




We finished the day In Brentwood. This is the Chapel of Thomas Becket, right in town:


Brentwood is very very close to London. That is a little scary. It looks and smells like London but you know you're not in the Big Smoke because the public toilets are free.
People there are mega trendy. The girls look after themselves: good tan and clothes a la mode. And all the lads try to look like David Beckham, rocking that side fringe or the quiff (I must admit I was a little jealous of the hairdos). I'm not into supporting stereotypes but you can't deny that would only happen in Essex:

 Striking a pose!

This blog so far has been very British. I love living here but sometimes I have to talk about things I don't like or don't understand! So here's the big news of the day: I saw Amy Childs!
If you don't know who she is, it's fine, I didn't know either until I got told. Truth is I barely watch good TV, let alone "other programs". If you want to know who she is, here's the link: Amy Childs!
A trip to Essex is not complete if you don't spot anyone from TOWIE!!!
We actually performed right outside of her salon:

 Shame that I didn't get a picture with her, that would have been amazing blog material!

Oh well, in the end we had fun. Taught the kids a move or two, loving it!




In other news, tonight at dinner, someone important from the Olympic Committee came to do a speech for us. He said something that struck me: "you guys are in your little cocoon doing your thing but everyone in Great Britain and the whole world is watching you!"
It's true, I have no clue what other people think about the whole project. We're so focused on our day-to-day tasks...
How is the Olympic Torch Relay looking from the outside? Is it big? Has it got a positive impact on communities? Was it all a dream?


Some pause for thought for my 5 regular readers!
Goodbye.



No comments:

Post a Comment