Flo in L.A

Flo in L.A

Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday 11 July 2012

#OTR Day 53: Oxford to Derby






I like British series: The Inbetweeners, Phoenix Nights, Max & Paddy and all that.... A lot of people love The Office too. I have a recurrent joke with the kids in Leeds that we stole from the Office: "I'm 29, you're 21, we're both in our 20's, we understand each other".
I'm talking about that because today, we were in... SLOUGH!!! Yes, it's true. Welcome to the largest trading estate in Europe:

We didn't have time to go into town so all I saw was the suburbs! Maybe the city centre is nice, I hope so. This is where we had lunch, exotic!




When you're around Reading, there are 2 places you have to visit: Windsor Castle and Legoland! We randomly drove past the later so we decided to have a pit stop. We were lucky to find some colleagues and we got in for a little tour around the hotel and the park. Flo's tour of Legoland: 3, 2, 1, GO!
-Entry to the hotel: Smoking Lego dragon
 
 -Hotel lobby: Lego Pirate  aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhh

 -Disabled toilet: Distressed Lego Rapper
 So that's it for Legoland. I don't want to ruin the surprise if my 5 readers want to visit!

When I have some time off, I will go visit Windsor!!! I've been there but never had the opportunity to see the place properly, the castle looked amazing!


Our lat show was in Ascot. Do you know Ascot? According to Wikipedia, the centrepiece of Ascot's year is held in June: Royal Ascot is one of the world's most famous race meetings, steeped in history dating back to 1711. The royal family attend the meeting, arriving each day in a horse drawn carriage. It is a major event in the British social calendar. Although this has placed Ascot onto the British social map, it has many direct effects on the local community, not least of which are the associated traffic problems. This blog has an educating purpose too!
The flame stopped at the race course, it was pretty busy:






Now we're in Reading, and I'm not on my own... It's a taxi take over, who wants a lift?







We're heading down south, I hope the summer comes back for the week! Go on Sun, one for the team! Don't let us down!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment