Flo in L.A

Flo in L.A

Google Website Translator Gadget

Saturday 28 July 2012

#OTR Day 70: Bushy Park to Olympic Stadium (London)




Last day of the Olympic Torch Relay, what!?! This is absolute madness. This has been the most amazing experience ever: so challenging and rewarding at the same time.



For the last morning ever, they were nice to us, we only had to get up at 5am. The last push. In the morning, the flame went through Hampton Court Park:



In the afternoon, we had one last farewell meeting at the Mayor Office on South Bank. Tower Bridge next door looked pretty tasty:



In the evening, we checked into the hotel at the Olympic Park... What a mission to get there, security is mega tight!!! "Do you know who I am?" I have also realised it's not about having a room on ground floor where people can see you through the window when you come out of the shower. We're on 10th floor, good view:




We had one last dinner/party at the Stratford Town Hall where we watched the opening ceremony. Now listen to my story: this year I am 30 and I will celebrate my 10th year living in the UK so I consider myself a third British! Don't be racist and keep it open minded, you know it makes sense! All that to say that I was very proud of the ceremony, it was beautiful. One for my people:




We finished the day and the Relay in the best possible way by watching the fireworks from the hotel room. I had never seen anything like it. It was 3 minutes of pure awesomeness!!! I couldn't believe how intense this was:




And that is it! Day 70, done. Olympic Torch Relay, done. Flo done!


1 comment: